Kumara Parvatha Cleanup :
- Discussed KP cleanup idea with many trekkers and nature lovers and got their views .
- Created and hosted website http://kumaraparvatha.com which became platform to execute KP cleanup project.
- Invited trekking club organisations to join hands with us. We got good support and response from most of them.
- Worked more closely with Kumara Parvatha Forest department and we all became as single team.
Requested trekkers and Nature Lovers to donate funds for infrastructure .
- With collected fund we purchased 100 echo bags and donated to forest department. Those bags forest dept giving to trekkers while giving permission and collecting them back.
- We installed 3 dustbins. first one near to water stream second one near to Bhimana bhande and third one near to forest office.
We carried out three cleanup drives :
Kumara Parvatha Cleanup Drive-1 – 17,18 November 2018 :Cleaned up peak and donated echo bags to forest dept
Kumara Parvatha Cleanup Drive-2 – 1,2 December 2018Cleaned up trek starting point to Forest department
Kumara Parvatha Cleanup Drive-3 – 29,30 December 2018:Cleaned up forest area and deployed dustbins With all this tasks we achieved Much Better KP trek Trail Let me share details about donations how we handled (We believe Transparency is key and we are accountable for each rupee we collect ):
- Created separate account for this cause.
- All fund collection done through online only
- All collection and expenses put on to public domain in following link so that any one can check their donation reflected or not and expense for what we are doing.
Next Plans ???Answer is simple !!! Let us take up bigger challenge. Let Us Make Few More Trek Trails Cleaner and Better !!!
I strongly believe bigger challenges can be easily achieved when we all work as team. Team should include Nature Lovers, Passionate trekkers , Forest department members, Trekking clubs, Local governing bodies and district administration/Government.